Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Power of a Child

I used to blog-hop at nights, checking out other people's posts. I've stopped doing that lately due to unforeseen circumstances. During my blog visits, I noticed many posts of family-related issues, particularly those of children, with pictures of them that depict their innocence and antics being splashed across the page.

When you have a child:
  • you learn to be a mommy and a daddy
  • you learn to exercise patience & understanding
  • you learn about yourself - they have YOUR genes
  • you learn to be more hygienic to ensure your child stays healthy
  • you learn new things so that you are able to bond with your child
When you have a child:
  • you see joy in their faces, and you'll be joyful too
  • you see tears in their eyes, and you'll be tearful
  • you see them grow, and you'll be proud of your achievement
When you have a child:
  • you think before you act, for they pick up things real fast
  • you think before saying anything bad, for they learn words quickly
  • you think before making any drastic decisions, for you know they need you
Children are indeed wonderful people; it's because of children that people change, mostly for the better. It's because of children that life that sometimes sucks becomes more bearable. I don't have one myself, but when I read those posts, I'm just glad to see how happy it is to be a parent.

2 comments:

Travel-Bunny said...

I guess when I have a child of my own, i would want to be a parent just like my dad. Thats why it is always important for a parent to set an example, as you shape your child's future.

Thanks for sharing Kev Ü
Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

I'm taking a parents role since I'm 12year old. Taking care my sisters and brothers. Then I stopped during my working life. Now I'm started again taking care my nephews and niece...hehehe

It is a big roles..I have to agree with this. Hoping someday I have my own children..