Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Went but Not Conquered

Today's a Saturday. I woke up later than usual - 8:04 AM - yes, later. I guess all the exhaustion of work has taken its toll because by 5:00PM, i'd already be half asleep! Yes, indeed mental exhaustion. The sun was shining brightly, and I eagerly wanted to get my chores done. Did some laundry, then went to breakfast.

At my regular breakfast outlet, I noticed a familiar car parked in a spot. I checked the registration plate - yup, I know that car. I didn't want to stop, so I made a detour and went elsewhere. I knew what I wanted to eat today, but the other shops were FULL or half-full of customers - I dislike crowds. So I returned to the first outlet and checked to see if the car was still there. It wasn't there anymore.

I know I'm gonna see that car or its passengers again some time in future. I also know I can't be avoiding this forever. When it happens again, I've to put on a bold front, put on a smile, or gather enough courage to wave at them and just sit far away because although I know them, I have become their enemy #1.

So, I ate, came home and did a bit of vacuuming. I noticed hairline cracks appearing on the walls... if only someone could call and talk to me.

But then... maybe i've to look for someone to talk to.


2 comments:

Lovable Hermit said...

If the car belongs to your ex-wife. If I were you I would have cut her off from my life. Her role as my wife has finished. Get Lost of her. There is always someone better.

FBS Headmaster said...

Letting go is always the hardest part. I guess the reason for some of us felt so reluctant to meet our ex is because of something that we still holding on. we hate to see them happy while we are thinking that we are living a miserable life. haha we just have to be strong. Accept the fact and move on. Find our own happiness instead of keep holding on to the past.