Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm on a Diet with a Difference

OK, I've to admit it. I'm concerned about my weight - very concerned. Therefore, I'm going on a diet BUT with a difference. I need to stuff myself with food because I'm LOSING weight. Well, the amount of weight loss isn't too great but I'm having trouble putting on my pants because it keeps falling off even with a belt, and there's nothing nice to see behind the pants... I think I need to add between 5-10kg to my current weight to look nice.... hey, wait! Am I vain? No, I'm not. Men wanna look nice too.

I was very scrawny as a teen. When I started work, I put on a bit of weight, but when I came back to Malacca, I lost those hard-earned pounds. It took me years just to gain 4kg!!! Then I got married, and in the three years of marriage, I put on more weight, and the scale almost hit 70kg. from a mere 59kg, which is good to me. That didn't last long, though. Almost immediately after the divorce, I failed to maintain weight. It kept sliding downward. It has been 8 months since it happened, and I'm now down to 64kg. My height is 175 cm., and if the calculation is correct, the weight is still within the normal range.

To some of you, this little weight loss is absolutely nothing to be anxious about (I hope), and I know that stuffing myself with junk food and fast food is not a good way to increase weight. My appetite has been good; so has my ability to sleep. I don't know if it is my work, lack of happiness or something else that has been stopping me from gaining weight again.

I will never be overly depressed with this weight loss, yet I know if it keeps dropping, something must be wrong. Perhaps I need a change of diet... and a wife to cook nutritious home-cooked food for me. Maybe I should just go work in a restaurant instead of teaching. I want to add a little more flesh.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

i need to add 5-10kgs too! lol! me just being so skinny here. :s

Keith said...

My doctor told me, my weight is perfectly acceptable, if I am 20 centimeters taller than I am.

Sigh, today my goal is to learn how to lose weight.

If you exerecise to build muscle in addition to eating more Calories, I believe yo may be more successful.

good luck whatever your goal

Reanaclaire said...

i think it is due to stress.. though u can be eating normally..

Reanaclaire said...

due to stress perhaps.. u cannot gain weight..

Jasline said...

if ONLY i can transfer some flesh to you!!!! ^^ nevermind, we will try and eat together more frequently next sem ya ^^