Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Representation of a Plant

I was in the garden this morning. The weather was sunny, and a plant caught my eye. I grabbed my camera and took a close-up shot with it. Well, I used the "Live View" mode and manual focus to capture this interesting shot which I think represents my present life.

Close-up but not close enough. Next time, I'll try using macro.

You see the cute little buds growing? They represent me, my family and others around me. Coincidentally, there are three leaves, too. Each of us will grow, experience new things and then die - just like the plants and any other living beings. Like the three buds on this plant greeting a new day, all of us have something new to experience; in my case, I've to start a new life and hopefully bloom into something nice. With constant water, sunshine, fertilizers and care, I'm sure the buds would grow well. And I will too, with regular positive encouragement, smiles, words of wisdom and love.

We will all grow old, and I do hope that before I'm too old, I'll see new buds again.

"The new beginning...."


2 comments:

Merryn said...

As you already know, a plant flourish when showered with enough water, sunshine, fertilizers and care. If you look back at those elements not all are pleasant looking or nice smelling. Take fertilizers for example, they smell horrible yet they are good for the plants.

Same goes to us, things are sometimes not what we make them to be. There might be some 'fertilizers' in our lives but we may not realise it as yet. They are there to support our growth yet we often overlooked it as we seek to find a greener pasture...

Look beyond the negativity and we'll find that 'fertilizers' are not that unpleasant after all ...

Have a good day, stop and smell the flowers once in a while. It's good for the soul :D Provided you don't get stung by the bee!

Kev said...

Words of wisdom... thanks. Well, honey bees are beneficial, but hornets are not.

Thanks.