Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Moms

I have been surfing the net and checking out a couple of blogs created by mothers. We call these moms "Mommy Bloggers" in the virtual world. These are the hardworking moms who take time off from work  and after work to blog about anything. Most of them write about their life as a mother, and they have pictures of the cute newborns to 7-year-olds doing various stuff, and posing for the camera.

When I see these pictures, I could sense the mothers' happiness seeing their toddlers grow each day, while  sharing with other mommy bloggers their ups and downs as caretakers, not to mention offering tips to enhance their children's well-being. I suppose all the burden of bearing a child for nine months (or less for premature ones) is worth it after all. The excruciating pain of being in labour and giving birth to a child is temporary compared to the excitement, joy and everlasting love that these mothers have for their babies, toddlers and kids.

I see these kids in their blogs, I smile... and I'm envious of these parents because they have the opportunity to bring up their own flesh and blood. It is never easy to raise a child as the commitment and patience must be there at all times. My wish...

My wish is to have my own child one day so that I can share the joy, feel the excitement, learn to be responsible like every other parent. It's so nice to be able to cuddle your little one when you get back from work, or hearing them call you "Daddy" for the first time, or greeting you "Daddy come back already!"  and running to you for a hug, or hearing them say "I love daddy and mommy". Of course, when they become teenagers, things could be different, but that's another story. This wish of mine may just  likely be an unfulfilled one. Age is catching up... FAST ... and I also need a wife. No, I'm not desperate; it would be good if I could get married.

God willing. Maybe God knows I could only be a single, so I leave it in His hands. :-)

2 comments:

FBS Headmaster said...

If you ever have the chance to go on youtube and search for 'soldier surprising their loved one', it will just bring you tears man....

you see little girl run toward their daddy give them a big hug and say 'daddy i really miss you... i love you daddy'.... heart warming =)

Have patient my friend... everything has a season, nothing is out of place, you just needed to be patient =)

Kev said...

Hi Dan, thanks man for those heart-warming words.