Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Good Samaritan

Not long after publishing the previous blog, there was a phone call. A damsel in distress - at 7:45 AM!!! She was on her way to the office, and the six of us were supposed to travel to Cyberjaya in a van when he car stalled somewhere. She couldn't describe the location well, so I just guessed it. At that time, I was in a depressed situation, but I told myself that I wouldn't want to be in her situation, would I? So, I switched off my PC, took the stairs (the lift wasn't working), rushed down 3 floors as I dislike making others wait for me, got to my car and drove out of campus.

As I was just a few metres out of the campus grounds, she called me. "Hi, I've taken a cab already..." - and she thanked me. Well, on normal days, I'd have complained and screamed to myself: "What a waste of time, why didn't I wait longer?" - but today... somehow, I realise I don't have any friends, and the best I could do is to help those in need, even if they don't need my help in the end. So since my assistance was no longer needed, I turned back to campus quietly, and she was already there waiting for the van. It didn't matter as she's safe.

I honestly do not have the heart to see people suffer. As far as possible, I'll put myself in their situation. How would they feel if there's no one to turn to? If I come into this situation again, I'll just provide help without thinking twice about it.

I've my strengths... but my weaknesses overshadow my strengths so much that the strengths sort of become unnoticeable.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

ehhh who is she at here?? ok i think i better go read previous post! LOL

Kev said...

Hi Caroline

The previous blog has nothing to do with that damsel in distress la ... :)