Sunday, June 27, 2010

A 6-hour Torment

At dawn, while almost everyone else was still fast asleep on that "fateful" Saturday morning on 26 June 2010, my phone alarm screamed at me. It was 5:30 AM, and I was supposed to wake up to get ready for an event - The Writers' Workshop - at Cyberjaya. We were told to get to campus by 6:30 AM as the bus leaves at that time. We departed almost 7:00 AM in a typical Malaysian style. OK, so here's what I captured with my 3.2MP smartphone ... ain't that smart, you know:

Catching up with lovely sleep
Cyberjaya campus: The venue of our workshop
Generous breakfast spread, tea breaks and lunch for us
Thank you, we're starving. 
Some of the participants - teens!
The man who could talk for 6-hours
He really knows his stuff.
Practice time: Mock press conference
Despite having to listen to Willie (the only facilitator there) for 6 hours, I didn't feel too bored, but I must admit that I daydreamed quite a bit, while I saw someone snoozing away. His lecture was intermittent with five activities that are tied to each other.

The participants were 99% students from both campuses. There were only two staff members as participants, me and another guy. Basically we learnt a lot of journalism and reporting. The skills are useful as I've plans to be a writer some day ... perhaps make that as my full time job.

Well... it was worth the early morning wake up call. By the way, my hands are lousy when it comes to taking snapshots... see the blurry pix?

4 comments:

Caroline said...

ngek ngek! u're not lazy! but u7're still sleepy dat time! wahahahaha

Reanaclaire said...

i m one of those "snoozers".. each time i attend course, sure sleepy one..

Kev said...

Caroline: when tired, snooze lor

Claire: courses ah... boring coz those speakers have lousy voices. Blablabla... that make you sleep.

Merryn said...

I always doodle during courses.. keeps me awake! Though it doesn't help in the listening and paying attention part..

btw.. got an award/tag for ya. Go grab it if you are free :D

http://www.submerryn.com/2010/06/versatile.html