Saturday, June 12, 2010

At the Clubhouse

Today, a weekend, I met up with a few of my ex-schoolmates who are now doing rather well. Two whom I've not met for at least 20 years. We met at the Malacca Club, a place where yuppies hang out with friends to while away their time after a hard day's work. I said yuppies because it's an exclusive club which membership is possible only via introduction by an existing member. I dare not ask the membership fee, but I know it's high.

It was my first time in there since my friend is one of the major shareholders of this renown club. There were slot machines and private rooms to play one arm bandits, too. We got a room, and chatted in there, occasionally interrupted by the music from the sole slot machine in that room. We drank Shandy and beer (I didn't drink beer - not because I'm a holy person) while one drank coffee.

Generally, we had quite a good time chatting. Sorry, I didn't take any photos and I'm not what people call "camwhoring" :-) I spent about an hour in the clubhouse while the rest continued since their wives didn't bother about them, their kids are all grown, and they're really free to do whatever they want.

4 comments:

FBS Headmaster said...

Haha, if you didnt take the picture of yourself, you can at least take a picture of the club house :D

Hanging out with friends is always a joy =) have a blast for the rest of your weekend :D

Caroline said...

aiyooo i tot can see some pictures of it! LOL! sure much fun. :p

Reanaclaire said...

a Weekend getaway? great.. good to go out clubbing once awhile..

Anonymous said...

Caroline: Next time i'll remember to bring my camera :)

Claire: Well, if I'm a member then I can go there anytime, but it's only by invitation and introduction... so I was fortunate to be able to get in that day because of my friend :)