Monday, June 14, 2010

Health at My Age

For breakfast today, I ate bread with home made fish floss. Since I'm still a grown-up kid, I get hungry quickly; therefore just an hour later, I went to the cafe to get some "kuih" - again, I didn't take photos of them before eating...

Anyway, then I realised (after buying) that all the three kuih that I bought were sweet ones. Well, I'm not a health freak, but I don't want to fall ill either especially when I'm alone at home. Too much sugar causes diabetes, and diabetes - depending on whether it's Type 1 or Type 2 - can cause death. My maternal grandma has diabetes, so I probably have her genes too. So, like it or not, since I've already bought the kuih, I ate them all. I'm gonna stay away from such "kuih" for the rest of this week at least.

A friend of mine just found out that he has high blood pressure, and he was so depressed that he sent an email to his friends to show how sad he was. We met up with him and cheered him up - hopefully... but knowing him, he will not change his habit. When you reach a certain age, food is a very important factor to look into in order to live healthily.

Reduce sweet stuff (diabetes), reduce meat intake (blood pressure), reduce fatty food (cholesterol).

3 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

yes, i am also concerned about mine.. not young anymore :(

Caroline said...

eat healthy! hehe

k said...

eat healthy food and exercise: walking or jogging @ the park with your loved ones ^^ stay young!

http://llizam85.blogspot.com/2010/06/reasons-for-say-anything.html