Thursday, June 24, 2010

Karate Kid

Yesterday evening, I watched a movie - Karate Kid. This is the remake of its predecessor shot in 1984 with Pat Morita and Ralph Macchio as the main characters. In this 2010 remake, Jacky Chan (Mr. Han) and Jaden Smith (Xiao Dre) play the respective the roles. How was it? It was great!!!


When my colleague asked me to watch a movie, I thought it would be Toy Story, and I was sceptical about this kung-fu movie. Since there's Jacky Chan in it, and I've watched the trailer some time back, what the heck, I decided to go. No regrets. What I like most about this movie is the kid himself, a carbon copy of his dad, Will Smith in terms of the way he talks and moves. He's so darn cute, so go watch him even if you dislike violence.

I'm not gonna spoil your interest by revealing too much, but you know that if there's Jacky Chan, there will be plenty of action, humour and moral values - his movie trademark. He didn't direct this movie, though. There's a tiny touch of romance too. Oh by the way, I was actually moved to tears toward the end - now how often do you see tears in a man's eyes? Or was there another reason for those eyes to be wet? Hmm...

There's one particular statement that Mr. Han said that struck me: "Life sometimes brings us down; it is up to us whether or not we get up" - roughly that's what he said, but the message is clear. It definitely applies to me. See? Even watching movies can teach you a lesson or two.


6 comments:

FBS Headmaster said...

T_T I wanna watch too!

Reanaclaire said...

hey..kev, u r so sentimental.. i watched it too on tuesday but i didnt feel any teary part.. maybe i m too hard hearted.. but i like the movie though.. yes, no dull moment and the china scenes are so beautiful!

YANZ said...

hi kev! new blog? =)
hmmmm, wasn't planning to watch Karate Kids, but after ur post... hmmmmmmm.... maybe I get the DVD when it's out =D

Anonymous said...

I saw the original Karate Kid with Ralph Macchio...not this one. I've seen a lot of good reviews about this remake though - from friends on Facebook.

Kev said...

Daniel: Go watch it quick! :)

Claire: I'm sentimental and romantic; no one has taken notice yet. :)

Yanz: Yeah, my new blog. Now I've FIVE blogs to maintain. Go get that DVD, I believe it's already out.

Kev said...

Suituapui: Well, that karate kid has a SuiChaBor :)