Sunday, June 20, 2010

Flashback at a Wedding

I attended my cousin's wedding dinner in KL last night. The food was good, the company was alright. I took many snapshots, and my relatives wanted to have their photos taken too with my camera. The menu was something extraordinary - something which only Tai Thong Restaurant could come up with. At RM1,000+ per table, this was the menu:

The menu: Click to enlarge

A Toast - red wine.

However... despite the company, the noise and the happy atmosphere, I felt something missing.  When I saw the video presentations and the atmosphere, I had flashbacks of what I had gone through three years ago. Every one was happy for me - finally I'd ended my bachelorhood, they thought. Now, I'm a bachelor again - though not exactly the same anymore.

Next month, I've to attend another cousin's wedding. I can't escape... I need to be brave and face reality. I shall just go blindfolded.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

hmmm..life's unpredictable yea? well i wish u gud luck and be happy to face what's coming on. :) i know it surely hard to face it and have some memories flashback. Lets keep it as the sweetest memories in life. :)

Reanaclaire said...

nothing wrong being single again. just take time to accept it and life will be back to normal one day.. depending on how long u want to mourn about it..

Kev said...

Caroline: TQ for the good luck wish.

Claire: TQ for the gentle reminder.

Merryn said...

Sometimes, we thought we are doing ok and then memories came hunting..

As they say, "it's not the goodbye that hurts but the flashbacks that follow"

At times like that, you've just got to be strong... and stay strong...

Yeah, next month, go blindfolded.. Who knows you'll knock into something.. or preferably someone :P

Miss Cheah said...

Hmm ...the menu sure is something.
Thanks for sharing